CandoFM community radio station is seeking a volunteer news reader and local reporter to join our team. This role involves presenting local news bulletins during radio shows and creating prerecorded news segments. The local reporter will keep listeners up-to-date on local community news stories and events.
- Research and write local news stories for radio segments
- Conduct interviews over the phone or in person with local contacts
- Present hourly news bulletins during radio shows
- Record news segments in our studio to be aired throughout the day
- Work collaboratively with radio show hosts and producers
- Attend local events to report back on for the station
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Ability to condense stories into short, compelling news pieces
- Passion for community radio and news presentation
- Interest in local happenings and ability to generate story ideas
- Reliable, responsible, and able to meet deadlines
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week, minimum 1 year commitment
Benefits: This is an unpaid, volunteer position. However it’s a great opportunity to gain experience in radio news reporting. You’ll be able to build up a portfolio and gain skills in news writing, interviewing, and radio presenting. We provide full training and support.
How to apply: Email a resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this role to [email protected]. Tell us about your passion for radio and any relevant skills or experience you have.